Fitness in the broad sense of the word is the constant support of the body in good physical shape. This term also refers to the wellness system, which allows you to change the physical indicators of the body for the better, make a body correction and normalize weight.
Fitness for beginners includes a set of recommendations, rules and advice, by adhering to which, beginners will be able to avoid common mistakes and engage in improving the form without compromising health.
General information about fitness
Beginners to do fitness (the word comes from the English fitness) should know that not only systematic exercises in the gym or gym are important, but also proper nutrition (fitness diet). In most cases, people practice fitness for weight loss and body shaping: this goal implies reviewing the daily regimen and changing the menu (excluding some dishes and products from the diet, but including others that are more healthy).
By purchasing a subscription to a fitness club or starting homework, you can not just improve your body shape or lose weight: this system helps to cure many diseases and systemic disorders. With the help of fitness you can:
- Significantly improve the condition of the heart and blood vessels;
- Get rid of joint pain;
- Heal radiculitis, spondylosis, osteochondrosis, scoliosis and other vertebral pathologies;
- Improve metabolic processes;
- Stimulate the overall health of the body.
It is an excellent alternative to the medical treatment of certain mental disorders – for example, depression. During classes, serotonin is produced (a substance belonging to the class of neurotransmitters). This compound causes in the brain a sense of satisfaction and joy of life: it is part of many antidepressants.
Health and fitness are words with the same meaning: regular exercise prevents prematurely programmed cell death (apoptosis) – a phenomenon that can be considered the main cause of aging. Fitness, thus, prolongs youth, and old age postpones indefinitely.
Varieties of fitness
There are various types of fitness, designed for different categories of people and performing special wellness and sports tasks. There are female, male fitness, sparing systems and strength fitness. There are also the following areas:
- Aerobics (dance aerobics, slide aerobics, kick aerobics, aqua aerobics) is one of the most popular forms of fitness. Exercises are performed with music and contribute not only to the correction of appearance, but also the development of a sense of rhythm and harmony. Aerobics has a beneficial effect on the respiratory system.
- Pilates is a system of exercises that does not imply an excessive load on the body, but is based on slow, smooth and calm movements. The advantages of Pilates – low invasiveness and the almost complete absence of contraindications. Pilates increases flexibility, mobility of joints and strengthens muscles without building them.
- Bodyflex – a system, which is based on proper breathing during exercise. This type of fitness is well suited for burning excess fat and normalizing metabolic processes.
- Fitball – exercises with a special ball. Suitable for people who want to correct their posture, develop coordination of movements, strengthen the muscles of the back and buttocks.
- Taibo is a relatively new system that borrowed its style from Asian martial arts and boxing. Exercises are performed with vigorous, energetic music. This type of fitness requires special endurance and strength: in terms of energy costs, an hour of training can be equated to a 10 km race.
How to start classes
Beginners in no case should consider fitness as a grueling hard labor to which they doom themselves in the name of an ideal figure. You should also not treat exercise as a way to achieve high athletic performance. The main thing in the classroom is a positive attitude. Successful practice depends largely on the correct choice of the program – it must correspond to your strengths.
Most modern health clubs offer their clients to pass a fitness test – a procedure that is conducted under the guidance of a sports doctor. The client should be sure to tell the doctor about his state of health, past and chronic diseases, ever received injuries and injuries.
The specialist will select the most appropriate program for you, tell you which classes are categorically contraindicated to you, and which ones will, on the contrary, facilitate rapid recovery. The doctor also measures physical parameters (height, weight, waist circumference, chest, hips), records pressure and pulse values. Some clubs propose to conduct a more in-depth medical examination – remove the cardiac cardiogram at rest and load conditions (to do a stress test). This test allows you to determine the level of permissible physical activity.
To choose the right start-up program, you should be guided by the principle “do no harm” and choose a type of fitness and a set of exercises according to your physical abilities. If you have a personal fitness trainer, workouts will be more productive, and the likelihood of excessive exercise and mistakes in training will be minimized. Therefore, before you purchase a subscription to a particular club, read the information and reviews about it, paying attention to the professionalism of the staff.
Practical advice for beginners
The recommendations of instructors and specialists can be summarized as follows:
- Fitness is not a hobby, but regular, full-fledged classes. To skip workouts because of a bad mood or elementary laziness – this means slowing down your own progress: try to walk seriously in class.
- Do not be afraid to make mistakes – they are known to learn from them.
- Plan your time in advance – wellness training takes about 3-4 hours a week.
- During classes, do not show excessive zeal – overtraining will not allow the body to fully recover in the intervals between days of fitness, and the productivity of training will decrease.
- Exercising without a diet is wasted time. Observe also the drinking regime – the body must necessarily restore the cost of fluid.
- Encourage yourself for each stage of the training process.
- Maintain constant contact with the trainer, keep a diary, where you will write useful tips of your mentor.
Exercises for beginners
You need to start small: for the main workout, experts advise choosing three types of exercises:
- Training for the heart and blood vessels (aerobic training) – walking, running on the spot;
- Strength training for the development of specific muscle groups (if you use projectiles, start with a small weight);
- Classes for the development of flexibility – choose slow, static exercises and do not overdo it: ligament damage is very easy.
Before classes, it is necessary to warm up to warm up the body and improve the blood supply to the muscles: this will reduce the risk of injury.
Fitness at home
Any training can be carried out at home – you need only a competent, planned approach. Perform squats, lunges, other exercises in which you can use your own weight. Experts advise buying a minimum set of equipment: a fitness mat, a treadmill, dumbbells and a special ball (fitball). The only problem with home workouts is the absence of a mentor.
Moderate locomotor activity is rarely completely contraindicated in any disease, but still proceed to the beginning of classes should be only after consulting a doctor. Fitness is not recommended or recommended in dosage and gentle form with:
- High fever and infectious diseases;
- The presence of endoprostheses;
- Serious mental illness;
- Malignant neoplasms.