Tabata training is a high-intensity interval training, the purpose of which is to perform the maximum number of movements in a minimum amount of time. If you want to lose weight quickly and effectively, then regular lessons on the Tabata protocol are a great way to achieve the goal.
What is the essence of tabata training?
Tabata training has the following structure: 20 seconds maximum load, 10 seconds rest, repeat this cycle 8 times. This is one roundabout, it only lasts 4 minutes, but it will be a really crazy 4 minutes! You have to give 100% if you want to get the result from a short training. The load must be sharp and explosive. In fact, tabata is a special case of high-intensity interval training ( HIIT ).
So, once again about the structure of the tabata-round for 4 minutes:
- 20 seconds heavy load
- 10 Seconds Rest
- repeat 8 cycles
Such 4-minute tabata-rounds may be somewhat depending on the total duration of your workout. Between the tabata-rounds it is supposed to rest in 1-2 minutes. If you deal with the maximum, you usually have 3-4 rounds of tabata for a full load. In this case, the total duration of training will be about 15-20 minutes.
How is tabata different from cardio training?
During cardio training, oxygen is the only and sufficient source of energy. This type of load is called aerobic. During intensive tabata-training, oxygen begins to be missed, and the body passes into anoxic anaerobic regime. Unlike aerobic regime, it will not be possible to train in the anaerobic zone for a long time.
However, short anaerobic workouts are very effective for fat burning during and especially after training, for the development of endurance, for strengthening and muscle growth. Anaerobic loads are a real stress and a test of strength, but ultimately they make you stronger.
Who are fit tabata training?
Tabata-training is suitable for all who have experience in training (at least the average level of training) and has no contraindications for health. It is especially useful to regularly perform exercises in the tabata regime for those who:,
- wants to quickly lose weight and bring himself into an excellent shape;
- wants to move the weight and get rid of the plateau;
- wants to avoid stagnation in training, including accelerating the growth of muscles;
- wants to get new sensations from training;
- wants to develop his endurance and improve physical fitness.
But if you are just starting to train, do not rush straight to the tabata-training. It is recommended to go to them only after 2-3 months of regular cardio training and strength training.
Who does not fit tabata training?
Once again, we emphasize that far from everyone is suitable for tabata training. If you decide to start a lesson in the tabata system, make sure that you do not have any contraindications for health.
Tabata-training is NOT suitable:
- physically unprepared people without training experience;
- those who have diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- those who have problems with the locomotor apparatus and joints;
- those who stick to a low-carb diet or mono-diet;
- those who have low endurance.
Effectiveness of tabata-training for weight loss
Tabata-training is very intense, they dramatically increase the pulse and maintain it at a high level throughout the session. Therefore, you can burn a large number of calories, even for a short session. The exact amount of calories burned is determined individually, depending on your level of preparation. As a rule, more experienced people burn less calories than beginners. On average, 10 minutes of tabata-training can burn 150 calories.
But the most important advantage of tabata-training is not a high calorie expenditure, but an “afterburning effect.” This means that your body will actively burn fat for another 48 hours after training, so you will significantly accelerate the process of getting rid of excess weight. For example, the usual cardio training at an average rate does not give such an effect, therefore it is much more productive to deal with tabata for the result.
Tabata-workouts are anaerobic loads, so they do not have a negative effect on muscle tissue, unlike the same cardio workouts. In doing so, they perfectly train the heart muscle and increase stamina. In addition, such high-intensity interval training increases the sensitivity of muscle tissue to insulin, and thus simplifies the fat burning process.
Advantages of tabata training:
- This is one of the most effective ways to lose weight and burn fat in the body, while the risk of losing muscle tissue is minimal.
- Classes are short in time, and are not inferior to full-scale watch programs in terms of efficiency.
- You will improve your aerobic (stamina) and anaerobic (muscle mass) performance.
- Tabata increases the sensitivity of muscle tissue to insulin, and therefore simplifies the process of fat burning.
- You can engage in tabata-training at home, on the street, on the playground, in the hall – anywhere.
- For tabata-training you do not need additional equipment, you can deal with the weight of your own body (but you can also with weights).
- Regular training sessions on HIIT training reduce the risk of developing diabetes and help fight depression.
- Training on the protocol of the tabs is very simple, understandable and clear in its structure, it is incredibly convenient to study them.
How often can one train according to the method of Tabata
If you are responsible for the previous workout of “Tabata”, then after 24-48 hours you will feel pain in those muscles that were involved in the exercise. It can persist for 4-7 days, depending on the degree of your physical preparation and metabolism. As soon as the unpleasant sensations in the muscles pass, you can again include a set of exercises Tabata in training.